Skip to main content

Sushi, Sake & Sane Brides

I'm relieved to say I had a totally normal day at work! I was placed with Rosaria, an older Italian woman that acts like a mom to many of the staff members, and our slots were all filled with level headed brides. That's a pretty rare day, but I was glad to take it! Kleinfeld has Hayley Paige in for a trunk show today and Thursday. She's a hip, young designer that makes some of the coolest gowns I have ever seen! Her new collection isn't online yet, so it's fun to have the dresses in the store, and we're able to guarantee the brides that they're the only ones with the gown!

Anyway, after work, Tess and I headed to Sushi Damo, which is right outside of Columbus Circle, for a dinner date. It was my second time ever having sushi, and Tess' first, so we knew it was bound to be an interesting experience. Based on some suggestions from Terry, the Fashion Director at Kleinfeld, we ordered spicy tuna rolls (my favorite), eel avocado rolls, and Philadelphia rolls. The Philadelphia rolls were made of smoked salmon and cream cheese. I do not recommend them; Tess and I struggled to stomach our second attempt at eating the Philadelphia rolls and decided not to finish. Sake persuaded us to order dessert, and we each ended up with a massive plate of some chocolate/banana soufflĂ© cake and vanilla ice cream. It was delicious but so filling!

Now I'm back in the Bronx, overjoyed about the fact that I have off tomorrow. I plan on spending the morning at the gym and lounging the rest of the day until class. Starting next week, I really need to begin crossing things off of my bucket list...

Dessert at Sushi Damo

Hayley Paige Gown

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Guide: Barbados

Hi ya'll! Welcome to Friday. Amen, we've made it. In the beginning of February, I was lucky enough to escape the snowy cold of NYC (seriously, I missed a big snow storm that closed down my office), and headed to the beautiful island of Barbados. For those of you who know the name but can't point it out on a map, Barbados is a little island just southeast of Saint Lucia in the Caribbean. Brett's parents, Laura and Jim, vacationed to Barbados last year and were SO beyond kind enough to ask us to join them this year. A week away from work, a tropical island without sharks, and free tour guides (aka Brett's parents) -- who would say no to that?! For anyone looking to book a vacation, or anyone looking to torture themselves with really pretty pictures of a really pretty place, see below for a Barbados travel guide! The island was truly amazing, with friendly locals, beautiful beaches, and delicious cuisine, and I would absolutely return! I'm usually ready to ...

Kleinfeld Bridal: Day One

With a huge blister on my heel and my day two outfit chosen and ready, I'm sitting down after my first day of my internship, eager to write about that happened! So... Even though my commute into work is only about an hour, I decided to leave an hour and a half early this morning, and I'm glad I did! I had the wrong bus time so I missed the first bus, stood at the wrong track and therefore missed a train (it comes to a different track during rush hours apparently), and then was held for about five minutes in station when I got onto the transfer train. After all of that, I was still somehow about 15 minutes early, so I wandered around Trader Joe's and borrowed their bathroom. I arrived to Kleinfeld around 9:55 (I was asked to be there at 10), and then waited around until 10:30 when the other two interns that were starting today showed up. I guess I got the wrong memo! I didn't mind waiting though, I let my eyes wander around what I could see of the dresses on the floo...