Skip to main content

Paisley Monroe Meets 6th Ave

There are three things stopping me from having an emotional freak out right now:
1. Tomorrow night I'm going on a girl date with Tess.
2. Sunday night I get to see my long lost brother.
3. I am less than a week away from being in sunny Florida.

Tonight, I got home from work at 8, and after going to the gym, I began cooking dinner a little after 10:15, which means after watching my veggies cook for 10 minutes, I decided I couldn't wait any longer. Needless to say, eating undercooked vegetables for dinner at 10:30 can put you in a pretty crappy mood. Now, I'm sitting here with my head in a turban, letting my hair dry a little before I finish it with the hairdryer and pass out. It's one of those nights where the little things are just getting to me.

Anyway, on a more positive note, today was a great day at work! I was paired with Ellie, who I haven't been with in forever, so it was great to chit chat and catch up in the stock room while searching for dresses. Our first bride came with her mom and was super nice. She tried on a handful of dresses and ended up falling in love with a simple but architectural gown by Ramona Keveza that she said "yes" to. The second bride was incredibly in love with herself, which was actually enjoyable to watch, and left with another appointment scheduled for during Pnina's next trunk show.

After lunch, the appointments kind of melted together, but the last appointment, however, was actually pretty neat. In the beginning of November, I was working one day with Renee when a bride named Paige said "yes" to a beautiful low back lace Pnina. It's super showy and sexy, and I guess Paige, after a few days, decided it was too much for her wedding day. Anyway, she came back today to reselect a gown, and since Renee is on vacation, she was given to Ellie. It just so happened that I was with Ellie and therefore got to work with Paige again. We ended up custom designing an Anne Barge gown for her, combining the top of one dress with the bottom of another, and although her appointment ran super late, I'm really glad I was able to help with her again.

On my way to the subway after work, I was walking over a row of vents and my dress totally flew up, Marilyn Monroe style. Lucky for me, I didn't realize what was happening for a few seconds. Hopefully the homeless men of 6th Ave sleep well tonight...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Guide: Barbados

Hi ya'll! Welcome to Friday. Amen, we've made it. In the beginning of February, I was lucky enough to escape the snowy cold of NYC (seriously, I missed a big snow storm that closed down my office), and headed to the beautiful island of Barbados. For those of you who know the name but can't point it out on a map, Barbados is a little island just southeast of Saint Lucia in the Caribbean. Brett's parents, Laura and Jim, vacationed to Barbados last year and were SO beyond kind enough to ask us to join them this year. A week away from work, a tropical island without sharks, and free tour guides (aka Brett's parents) -- who would say no to that?! For anyone looking to book a vacation, or anyone looking to torture themselves with really pretty pictures of a really pretty place, see below for a Barbados travel guide! The island was truly amazing, with friendly locals, beautiful beaches, and delicious cuisine, and I would absolutely return! I'm usually ready to ...

Kleinfeld Bridal: Day One

With a huge blister on my heel and my day two outfit chosen and ready, I'm sitting down after my first day of my internship, eager to write about that happened! So... Even though my commute into work is only about an hour, I decided to leave an hour and a half early this morning, and I'm glad I did! I had the wrong bus time so I missed the first bus, stood at the wrong track and therefore missed a train (it comes to a different track during rush hours apparently), and then was held for about five minutes in station when I got onto the transfer train. After all of that, I was still somehow about 15 minutes early, so I wandered around Trader Joe's and borrowed their bathroom. I arrived to Kleinfeld around 9:55 (I was asked to be there at 10), and then waited around until 10:30 when the other two interns that were starting today showed up. I guess I got the wrong memo! I didn't mind waiting though, I let my eyes wander around what I could see of the dresses on the floo...