Skip to main content

Big City Dreams

So, my month long bucket list is coming along, slowly. I've only crossed one thing off, visiting the High Line at night, although as soon as I get back from Thanksgiving break, I have plans to cross off a few more. I've had the most fun and amazing past few days, and that only makes me more sad that this semester is coming to an end. Let's go for another list.

10 Things I will miss about living in the Bronx and being in the city:
1. You can't really ever be bored. Or at least you never have an excuse to be.
2. Public transportation makes for easy traveling when you're tired or drinking.
3. There is an endless amount of cool shops, restaurants, and places to discover.
4. Being able to see Tess and my Bronx family whenever I please.
5. I can go home at the drop of a dime.
6. You can wear whatever you want because no one will really judge you for it.
7. There is no such thing as an appropriate bed time.
8. While it gets exhausting, I pretty much play dress up for work everyday.
9. The Bronx street walkers make for some pretty interesting free entertainment.
10. David's Tea.

I mean, really, how am I going to leave? I think I was born to be a city girl. And if I've made it this far, having so much fun with no income, I can only imagine what it will be like when I'm not on a total poor girls budget.

Last night, Tess and I met up with Brett and a few of his friends and made our usual wonderful worst decisions. It was such a fun night, but I'm going to spare everyone the details. I will recommend everyone go to the Heartland Brewery, though; it's a really neat place.

I'm really looking forward to this week off that I have, and cannot wait to head to Florida to see Grandma and not freeze my butt off when I step outside! I'm pretty sure there were some flurries last night. Not really a fan of that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Guide: Barbados

Hi ya'll! Welcome to Friday. Amen, we've made it. In the beginning of February, I was lucky enough to escape the snowy cold of NYC (seriously, I missed a big snow storm that closed down my office), and headed to the beautiful island of Barbados. For those of you who know the name but can't point it out on a map, Barbados is a little island just southeast of Saint Lucia in the Caribbean. Brett's parents, Laura and Jim, vacationed to Barbados last year and were SO beyond kind enough to ask us to join them this year. A week away from work, a tropical island without sharks, and free tour guides (aka Brett's parents) -- who would say no to that?! For anyone looking to book a vacation, or anyone looking to torture themselves with really pretty pictures of a really pretty place, see below for a Barbados travel guide! The island was truly amazing, with friendly locals, beautiful beaches, and delicious cuisine, and I would absolutely return! I'm usually ready to ...

Kleinfeld Bridal: Day One

With a huge blister on my heel and my day two outfit chosen and ready, I'm sitting down after my first day of my internship, eager to write about that happened! So... Even though my commute into work is only about an hour, I decided to leave an hour and a half early this morning, and I'm glad I did! I had the wrong bus time so I missed the first bus, stood at the wrong track and therefore missed a train (it comes to a different track during rush hours apparently), and then was held for about five minutes in station when I got onto the transfer train. After all of that, I was still somehow about 15 minutes early, so I wandered around Trader Joe's and borrowed their bathroom. I arrived to Kleinfeld around 9:55 (I was asked to be there at 10), and then waited around until 10:30 when the other two interns that were starting today showed up. I guess I got the wrong memo! I didn't mind waiting though, I let my eyes wander around what I could see of the dresses on the floo...