Skip to main content

A Few of My Favorite Things

With every day that goes by, I get more and more bummed that my semester in the city is almost over! This is honestly the best thing I have ever done, and I couldn't be any more grateful for the opportunity. I can't wait to graduate and live in the city for real.

Yesterday, I had the most perfect, adventurous day! My friend, Brett, came into the city and we headed to Central Park. I love showing off the coolest and prettiest places there: the Belvedere Castle, the whispering bench, and Bethesda Fountain... If I was in the city over the summer, I can guarantee I would be there picnicking for lunch every day. It looks amazing now, though, with all of the trees turning different colors.

After walking around for hours and miles, Brett and I decided we were really hungry. I'd say I was forced into trying sushi, but I guess I was sort of willing. I don't eat fish, and hate it based on the smell, so needless to say, I was really nervous. Anyway, I ended up LOVING it, and now it's my mission to get someone else to love sushi, too. I think I convinced Tess to join me for some next week (she's never had any and has been nervous to try)...!

Sushi was followed by gelato from Chelsea Market, and despite the cold, we headed up to the High Line. They're extending it all the way to meet the Hudson River which is going to be so beautiful; I can't wait to see! Anyway, eventually, we ended up at Penn Station so Brett could catch a train back to Long Island, and that lead to our last minute decision to buy Rangers tickets and go to the game at Madison Square Garden! We got pretty good seats for a great price and it was so much fun. They lost 2-1 against the Anaheim Ducks. Quite honestly, it didn't really matter to me whether they won or lost, but Dad might resent me for a minute if I said I was cheering for them.

Today was a pretty normal day at work. I had to go in early to help dress the models for an informal Pnina fashion show, and I'm so glad to say that my favorite gown is back in the shop! Pnina has this beautiful dress from her new collection that I've been dying to try on, and when I finally got the chance to, the dress was M.I.A. I searched for it for the next week, and it was never around, so I was convinced that Kleinfeld got rid of it. Anyway, it's back in the store, and I'm excited for the chance to put it on!

Tomorrow is Wednesday, which means I have off! That also means I'll stay up too late tonight doing something pointless and regret it when I'm extra tired on Thursday, but oh well. And, P.S. I'm attaching a picture of the little cactus plant I bought in Chelsea Market, because it's too cute not to share. And it came named Lola...

Lola Plant

Rangers Game

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Guide: Barbados

Hi ya'll! Welcome to Friday. Amen, we've made it. In the beginning of February, I was lucky enough to escape the snowy cold of NYC (seriously, I missed a big snow storm that closed down my office), and headed to the beautiful island of Barbados. For those of you who know the name but can't point it out on a map, Barbados is a little island just southeast of Saint Lucia in the Caribbean. Brett's parents, Laura and Jim, vacationed to Barbados last year and were SO beyond kind enough to ask us to join them this year. A week away from work, a tropical island without sharks, and free tour guides (aka Brett's parents) -- who would say no to that?! For anyone looking to book a vacation, or anyone looking to torture themselves with really pretty pictures of a really pretty place, see below for a Barbados travel guide! The island was truly amazing, with friendly locals, beautiful beaches, and delicious cuisine, and I would absolutely return! I'm usually ready to ...

Kleinfeld Bridal: Day One

With a huge blister on my heel and my day two outfit chosen and ready, I'm sitting down after my first day of my internship, eager to write about that happened! So... Even though my commute into work is only about an hour, I decided to leave an hour and a half early this morning, and I'm glad I did! I had the wrong bus time so I missed the first bus, stood at the wrong track and therefore missed a train (it comes to a different track during rush hours apparently), and then was held for about five minutes in station when I got onto the transfer train. After all of that, I was still somehow about 15 minutes early, so I wandered around Trader Joe's and borrowed their bathroom. I arrived to Kleinfeld around 9:55 (I was asked to be there at 10), and then waited around until 10:30 when the other two interns that were starting today showed up. I guess I got the wrong memo! I didn't mind waiting though, I let my eyes wander around what I could see of the dresses on the floo...