Skip to main content

Dinner at Sambuca

What is better than free food and wine? Nothing... Nothing at all. Last night, Ronnie and Mara, the owners of Kleinfeld, treated the interns out to dinner at Sambuca, a restaurant and wine bar right outside of Central Park (www.sambucanyc.com). The meal was four courses, and couldn't have been more delicious. Everything was served family style. The interns all squeezed onto one table, and there were three other tables filled with Kleinfeld staff.

Course one consisted of salad, bruschetta, baked clams, and fried calamari. Tess and I decided that we had to try the clams and calamari (neither of us had ever had it) and it was actually really tasty! Course two was Penne alla Vodka and spaghetti with meatballs, followed by veal parmesan and chicken and sausage for meal three. Dessert was amazing, as I'm sure you could imagine. We had cannolis, tiramisu, and tartufo. It was so much fun to sit and chat with all of the interns; we never really get a chance to do so!

Today at work I was placed with Erika, who is one of my favorite consultants to work with. We always chat about life, and she always asks me for updates from the last time we spoke. She's really too sweet. Anyway, we had two brides say "yes" today, although none of the appointments were too exciting. After lunch, we had an appointment with two friends who came from California. At first, Erika and I were pretty convinced she was under the influence of some sort of drug, but after talking to the bride a bit more, we found out that she was just super anxious to try on gowns and had a few too many glasses of sangria at lunch. Her wedding is set for February 22nd and she claimed to not have a solid budget. After two and a half hours of looking at dresses (our appointment ran way into the next slot), the bride fell in love with a beautiful, new Pnina made out of chantilly and alencon lace, but left saying she will probably be back tomorrow to be measured.

I'm going home this weekend, and am SO excited to cook apple pie, smoosh my dogs, and see my best friend and my cousin and my parents... I feel like I haven't been home in a while!


Kleinfeld Interns & Owners

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Guide: Barbados

Hi ya'll! Welcome to Friday. Amen, we've made it. In the beginning of February, I was lucky enough to escape the snowy cold of NYC (seriously, I missed a big snow storm that closed down my office), and headed to the beautiful island of Barbados. For those of you who know the name but can't point it out on a map, Barbados is a little island just southeast of Saint Lucia in the Caribbean. Brett's parents, Laura and Jim, vacationed to Barbados last year and were SO beyond kind enough to ask us to join them this year. A week away from work, a tropical island without sharks, and free tour guides (aka Brett's parents) -- who would say no to that?! For anyone looking to book a vacation, or anyone looking to torture themselves with really pretty pictures of a really pretty place, see below for a Barbados travel guide! The island was truly amazing, with friendly locals, beautiful beaches, and delicious cuisine, and I would absolutely return! I'm usually ready to ...

Kleinfeld Bridal: Day One

With a huge blister on my heel and my day two outfit chosen and ready, I'm sitting down after my first day of my internship, eager to write about that happened! So... Even though my commute into work is only about an hour, I decided to leave an hour and a half early this morning, and I'm glad I did! I had the wrong bus time so I missed the first bus, stood at the wrong track and therefore missed a train (it comes to a different track during rush hours apparently), and then was held for about five minutes in station when I got onto the transfer train. After all of that, I was still somehow about 15 minutes early, so I wandered around Trader Joe's and borrowed their bathroom. I arrived to Kleinfeld around 9:55 (I was asked to be there at 10), and then waited around until 10:30 when the other two interns that were starting today showed up. I guess I got the wrong memo! I didn't mind waiting though, I let my eyes wander around what I could see of the dresses on the floo...