Skip to main content

So, Your Wedding Is In 8 Days?

I think I'm about ready to retire. Working full time is totally exhausting!

Today, I was paired with Alison again, who I have worked with before (she's a lot of fun). While Friday is a short day, it seemed so long! We were super busy, and our lunch break was shortened because of an appointment that ran late.

After lunch, I ran into Alison on my way to her room. She grabbed my hand and told me "we have a situation..." Okay... When we received our sheet for the next appointment, we were told that the bride, who we'll call Melanie, is coming up from alterations. She was on her third and final fitting, her wedding being next Saturday, and realized that she hated the dress. Melanie is a bigger woman with size H boobs (yes, H) and the dress was just not fitting her right. For brides that have such large breasts, the cups on the dress need to be opened when it is made by the designer since the cups are cut around size B. However, Maggie Sottero, the designer that makes the gown Melanie purchased, does not open up the cup. I guess that got lost in translation somehow, and during the final fitting, Melanie's mom decided that the dress just didn't work.

Alison and I had to look through the stock dresses, since there was clearly no time to order Melanie a dress. After some frustration of trying on dresses with too small of cups, Kim (one of the managers) brought in a Henry Roth dress that fit Melanie perfectly! And, in my opinion, one that was MUCH prettier than her original dress. Melanie and her mom both left happy but exhausted, and I'm so glad that she was able to find a dress that works.

Aside from Melanie, only one of our other appointment purchased a dress today. She bought a Pnina that is the "sister dress" of the dress that a consultant named Sarah who used to work at Kleinfeld purchased for her wedding a few years ago. Now, I'm sitting here with Jackie and Grace watching a Say Yes To the Dress marathon on TLC and love being able to notice some store quirks! There are a bunch of things I should be doing instead, but I can almost guarantee I won't be doing anything else until bed time...
Melanie's Original Dress

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Guide: Barbados

Hi ya'll! Welcome to Friday. Amen, we've made it. In the beginning of February, I was lucky enough to escape the snowy cold of NYC (seriously, I missed a big snow storm that closed down my office), and headed to the beautiful island of Barbados. For those of you who know the name but can't point it out on a map, Barbados is a little island just southeast of Saint Lucia in the Caribbean. Brett's parents, Laura and Jim, vacationed to Barbados last year and were SO beyond kind enough to ask us to join them this year. A week away from work, a tropical island without sharks, and free tour guides (aka Brett's parents) -- who would say no to that?! For anyone looking to book a vacation, or anyone looking to torture themselves with really pretty pictures of a really pretty place, see below for a Barbados travel guide! The island was truly amazing, with friendly locals, beautiful beaches, and delicious cuisine, and I would absolutely return! I'm usually ready to ...

Kleinfeld Bridal: Day One

With a huge blister on my heel and my day two outfit chosen and ready, I'm sitting down after my first day of my internship, eager to write about that happened! So... Even though my commute into work is only about an hour, I decided to leave an hour and a half early this morning, and I'm glad I did! I had the wrong bus time so I missed the first bus, stood at the wrong track and therefore missed a train (it comes to a different track during rush hours apparently), and then was held for about five minutes in station when I got onto the transfer train. After all of that, I was still somehow about 15 minutes early, so I wandered around Trader Joe's and borrowed their bathroom. I arrived to Kleinfeld around 9:55 (I was asked to be there at 10), and then waited around until 10:30 when the other two interns that were starting today showed up. I guess I got the wrong memo! I didn't mind waiting though, I let my eyes wander around what I could see of the dresses on the floo...