Skip to main content

Model Morning

This morning, I woke up extra early to get ready for the day and be to work by 9:45. Our Directors were holding a project knowledge meeting for the Consultants, where they have some of us model the new gowns. I was placed in an Angel Sanchez A-line gown priced at $8,300. It was fun to dress up!

Anyway, after that the day went by pretty quickly! I worked with Allison, and our first bride said "yes" to her dress. She was a very fit and petite bride, who came up from North Carolina to get a dress at Kleinfeld. Her wedding will be in Canada, because when she was watching The Bachelor during Sean's season, she saw a location that she knew she wanted to get married! Hah! For all of you Bachelor fans, it's where Sean and the girls did the polar plunge and Tierra had some hypothermia issue or whatever. Back to the bride, she ended up choosing a fit and flare lace gown that really complimented her figure.

Because it took the bride a few minutes to make her decision, and then we had to wait for a Director to come measure, the appointment ran well into the second time slot, which left Allison and I a little over an hour for lunch. It was nice to sit downstairs and chat with everyone for a while; I even tried a fig!

The appointment after lunch was actually a lot of fun. Our bride, who we'll call Charlotte, was very high energy. She brought along her Mom, who had so many funny comments, and the pair was great to work with. Charlotte had no budget that was important for us to follow, and she was hoping to find a unique gown. After trying on half of Pnina's collection, Charlotte was stuck one of her gowns with a handkerchief type bottom that she loved, but a bodice that she thought was too short on her. Pnina came over and offered to custom design the dress so that the bodice sat lower on Charlotte's hips. She left torn between the Pnina and a beautiful, blush colored Mark Zunino gown, and will be back later this week with her decision. I believe she may even buy both, because her Mom was telling me that they're considering having Charlotte's ceremony and reception on two separate days.

The rest of the day was sort of a blur. I think my brain started to freeze because of the temperature in the store, and I was becoming too tired to function. It's still weird to me that tomorrow's Friday but I just started my work stretch...

Angel Sanchez Gown

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Guide: Barbados

Hi ya'll! Welcome to Friday. Amen, we've made it. In the beginning of February, I was lucky enough to escape the snowy cold of NYC (seriously, I missed a big snow storm that closed down my office), and headed to the beautiful island of Barbados. For those of you who know the name but can't point it out on a map, Barbados is a little island just southeast of Saint Lucia in the Caribbean. Brett's parents, Laura and Jim, vacationed to Barbados last year and were SO beyond kind enough to ask us to join them this year. A week away from work, a tropical island without sharks, and free tour guides (aka Brett's parents) -- who would say no to that?! For anyone looking to book a vacation, or anyone looking to torture themselves with really pretty pictures of a really pretty place, see below for a Barbados travel guide! The island was truly amazing, with friendly locals, beautiful beaches, and delicious cuisine, and I would absolutely return! I'm usually ready to ...

Kleinfeld Bridal: Day One

With a huge blister on my heel and my day two outfit chosen and ready, I'm sitting down after my first day of my internship, eager to write about that happened! So... Even though my commute into work is only about an hour, I decided to leave an hour and a half early this morning, and I'm glad I did! I had the wrong bus time so I missed the first bus, stood at the wrong track and therefore missed a train (it comes to a different track during rush hours apparently), and then was held for about five minutes in station when I got onto the transfer train. After all of that, I was still somehow about 15 minutes early, so I wandered around Trader Joe's and borrowed their bathroom. I arrived to Kleinfeld around 9:55 (I was asked to be there at 10), and then waited around until 10:30 when the other two interns that were starting today showed up. I guess I got the wrong memo! I didn't mind waiting though, I let my eyes wander around what I could see of the dresses on the floo...