Skip to main content

Thursday Shmursday

Looking at the positives of Stonehill College so far:

1. I have access to snuggle with my soul mate, Hanna, every night.
2. We just got a new shower head so I can take a normal shower and actually get my hair fully wet.
3. Two out of my three classes were cancelled today.
4. I was reunited with fruit and yogurt bar last night.

So, I've made it through the first two days of classes and my third day has been pretty awesome. Normally, on Thursdays I have class from 10:00-12:45, work 1:00-4:30, and then class again from 6:30-9:00. Needless to say, I already hate Thursdays, but today good karma has been on my side. My first professor never showed up and my second professor left a note on the door saying that class is cancelled. Drinking tea, painting my nails, and having a country concert in my room has definitely created a way better Thursday that I know I can't get used to...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Guide: Barbados

Hi ya'll! Welcome to Friday. Amen, we've made it. In the beginning of February, I was lucky enough to escape the snowy cold of NYC (seriously, I missed a big snow storm that closed down my office), and headed to the beautiful island of Barbados. For those of you who know the name but can't point it out on a map, Barbados is a little island just southeast of Saint Lucia in the Caribbean. Brett's parents, Laura and Jim, vacationed to Barbados last year and were SO beyond kind enough to ask us to join them this year. A week away from work, a tropical island without sharks, and free tour guides (aka Brett's parents) -- who would say no to that?! For anyone looking to book a vacation, or anyone looking to torture themselves with really pretty pictures of a really pretty place, see below for a Barbados travel guide! The island was truly amazing, with friendly locals, beautiful beaches, and delicious cuisine, and I would absolutely return! I'm usually ready to ...

Kleinfeld Bridal: Day One

With a huge blister on my heel and my day two outfit chosen and ready, I'm sitting down after my first day of my internship, eager to write about that happened! So... Even though my commute into work is only about an hour, I decided to leave an hour and a half early this morning, and I'm glad I did! I had the wrong bus time so I missed the first bus, stood at the wrong track and therefore missed a train (it comes to a different track during rush hours apparently), and then was held for about five minutes in station when I got onto the transfer train. After all of that, I was still somehow about 15 minutes early, so I wandered around Trader Joe's and borrowed their bathroom. I arrived to Kleinfeld around 9:55 (I was asked to be there at 10), and then waited around until 10:30 when the other two interns that were starting today showed up. I guess I got the wrong memo! I didn't mind waiting though, I let my eyes wander around what I could see of the dresses on the floo...