Skip to main content

Rocky Point VS New York City

I really don't think I could put into words how amazing of an experience I was given during my semester in NYC. I had such a fun internship, met the most wonderful people, and learned so much about life and myself. Now, I'm sitting in my living room at home for the last night before I head back up to Stonehill College, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pretty bummed out about it.

Stonehill is a great school. It's safe and comfortable and I have the most amazing friends there, but that's about it. Nothing beats taking a quick subway ride and having access to practically anything you want. Despite the misty weather, I would definitely be headed into Manhattan right now to walk the city and take in all the lights... I'm reading a book called "Goodbye to All That: Writers on Loving and Leaving New York," that I conveniently found at the Strand Bookstore when I reunited with my city right after Christmas. Anyway, I've found one of my new favorite lines written in it; "You can take the girl out of New York, but all that accomplishes is taking the girl out of New York." That being said, the girl really wants to be back in New York.

This winter break has been so perfect and so short. I can't believe its already a week into January 2014 and I'm about to start my second to last semester of college. How? I went out to sushi with Amanda tonight, and as usual we chatted about how we can't believe how quickly time flies. I still wonder where the past three weeks that I've been home went. Maybe I'm pressing a fast forward button that I don't realize.

The holidays were wonderful, as usual. I spent so much time with my family and had too much fun giving presents. I spent a day in the city with my brother, walking 11 miles, eating mediocre food, and seeing a rather disappointing play, but enjoyed it nonetheless. New Years Eve called for a spontaneous trip up to Rhode Island to ring in 2014 with Hanna, and this morning I booked a trip to Puerto Rico with my boyfriend in two months because why not?

I stalk Kleinfeld Bridal on social media daily, and I can't deny that I miss it there. Crazy brides are, well, crazy, but they definitely find a special place in your heart. I'm SO looking forward for the new season to come out and will be trying to spy myself in every episode. I'll take 2 seconds of fame.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Guide: Barbados

Hi ya'll! Welcome to Friday. Amen, we've made it. In the beginning of February, I was lucky enough to escape the snowy cold of NYC (seriously, I missed a big snow storm that closed down my office), and headed to the beautiful island of Barbados. For those of you who know the name but can't point it out on a map, Barbados is a little island just southeast of Saint Lucia in the Caribbean. Brett's parents, Laura and Jim, vacationed to Barbados last year and were SO beyond kind enough to ask us to join them this year. A week away from work, a tropical island without sharks, and free tour guides (aka Brett's parents) -- who would say no to that?! For anyone looking to book a vacation, or anyone looking to torture themselves with really pretty pictures of a really pretty place, see below for a Barbados travel guide! The island was truly amazing, with friendly locals, beautiful beaches, and delicious cuisine, and I would absolutely return! I'm usually ready to ...

Kleinfeld Bridal: Day One

With a huge blister on my heel and my day two outfit chosen and ready, I'm sitting down after my first day of my internship, eager to write about that happened! So... Even though my commute into work is only about an hour, I decided to leave an hour and a half early this morning, and I'm glad I did! I had the wrong bus time so I missed the first bus, stood at the wrong track and therefore missed a train (it comes to a different track during rush hours apparently), and then was held for about five minutes in station when I got onto the transfer train. After all of that, I was still somehow about 15 minutes early, so I wandered around Trader Joe's and borrowed their bathroom. I arrived to Kleinfeld around 9:55 (I was asked to be there at 10), and then waited around until 10:30 when the other two interns that were starting today showed up. I guess I got the wrong memo! I didn't mind waiting though, I let my eyes wander around what I could see of the dresses on the floo...