Skip to main content

Holiday Love List

Five things I love about the holidays:

1. Shopping so much and pretending I'm Santa
2. The endless amount of hugging
3. Opening presents
4. Seeing my cousins for three days in a row
5. Singing along to Christmas songs

I'm snuggled in the living room with my Santa's Secret tea wearing the comfiest pair of socks I've ever owned and chatting with two of my best friends in the entire world. I feel like an old lady because of how exhausted I am from shopping, wrapping, chatting, and all of those other activities that come along with the holidays. Tomorrow marks the final day of celebration; the family comes over for Tyler's birthday. That also means I am soon to add cleaning to the list of exhausting tasks. Someone carry me to bed...

I miss the city already and kind of wish I was in the Bronx sitting at my spot by the front window right now. It's weird how some place can become your home and then you just have to leave it behind. Saying goodbye to NYC was definitely bittersweet. On one hand, I was excited to head home, spend time with my family, be reunited with my gym, and have a car concert everyday. But, on the other hand, I'm craving weird subway entertainment, "free" transportation, and having so many things to do all the time. NYC is addictive for sure. Good thing I'm visiting this weekend...

Cousin Christmas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Guide: Barbados

Hi ya'll! Welcome to Friday. Amen, we've made it. In the beginning of February, I was lucky enough to escape the snowy cold of NYC (seriously, I missed a big snow storm that closed down my office), and headed to the beautiful island of Barbados. For those of you who know the name but can't point it out on a map, Barbados is a little island just southeast of Saint Lucia in the Caribbean. Brett's parents, Laura and Jim, vacationed to Barbados last year and were SO beyond kind enough to ask us to join them this year. A week away from work, a tropical island without sharks, and free tour guides (aka Brett's parents) -- who would say no to that?! For anyone looking to book a vacation, or anyone looking to torture themselves with really pretty pictures of a really pretty place, see below for a Barbados travel guide! The island was truly amazing, with friendly locals, beautiful beaches, and delicious cuisine, and I would absolutely return! I'm usually ready to ...

Kleinfeld Bridal: Day One

With a huge blister on my heel and my day two outfit chosen and ready, I'm sitting down after my first day of my internship, eager to write about that happened! So... Even though my commute into work is only about an hour, I decided to leave an hour and a half early this morning, and I'm glad I did! I had the wrong bus time so I missed the first bus, stood at the wrong track and therefore missed a train (it comes to a different track during rush hours apparently), and then was held for about five minutes in station when I got onto the transfer train. After all of that, I was still somehow about 15 minutes early, so I wandered around Trader Joe's and borrowed their bathroom. I arrived to Kleinfeld around 9:55 (I was asked to be there at 10), and then waited around until 10:30 when the other two interns that were starting today showed up. I guess I got the wrong memo! I didn't mind waiting though, I let my eyes wander around what I could see of the dresses on the floo...