Skip to main content

Friends at their Finest

For the past two weeks or so I have been dying to write about my upcoming trip to Stonehill, but to keep the visit a surprise, I had to seal my lips. I decided to set up an interview for a possible part time internship at Lombardo's, a beautiful, family owned venue for corporate and social events (www.lombardos.com). It's about a 20 minute drive away from Stonehill, and would allow me to get a taste of the event planning world. Anyway, for fun, I decided to not tell my friends that I would be at school, and trekked through the snowy weather up north.

Before heading to Massachusetts, I had to take a train upstate to get my car from Grandma (she's visiting her sister who just had knee surgery). So, Sunday night I arrived in Poughkeepsie, and met up with the pair to head back to Aunt Chickie's house for the night. Now, as I mentioned, she just had knee surgery, but I spent about 10 minutes at the train station trying to find them, because she kept climbing different stair cases, despite the fact that she had surgery less than a week before. Apparently it doesn't hurt at all. That makes me pretty embarrassed about how sore I am from kickboxing yesterday.

Anyway, I was spoiled with dinner and a comfortable bed, and kept Grandma up all night with my coughing. I made it to Stonehill sometime during the early afternoon yesterday, and Stephen, Hanna's boyfriend, helped me with my sneak attack. The cleaning lady let us into Hanna's building, and I followed Stephen into her room to experience the most perfect expression of shock I have ever seen. Risking Hanna killing me, I'm putting a screenshot picture of the video Stephen recorded of me sneaking up on her. The shock was followed by tears on both ends. Best friends are so fun.

I managed to surprise a few other people as well. Meg let out a brief scream and Rhonda looked at me confused for a few seconds before she registered what was going on. It was such a happy day! My interview went well this morning, too, despite the fact that I sounded like a frog (I'm waiting for this cold or whatever it is to pass, I'm so over it) and I had to head back early because of the weather.

Now, I'm back in Poughkeepsie bundled in layers (I'm not sure what the heating situation is in this house). I managed to finish my research paper and do most of my presentation for class tomorrow night. After I get through that, I have so much free time and I can't wait to play in the city! I still haven't grasped the fact that I won't be at Kleinfeld anymore, but at the same time, I'm looking forward to all of the fun things I have planned.

Hanny in shock (don't kill me XO)

Comments

  1. Still one of the happiest days of my life!

    ps. damn, i look hot ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Guide: Barbados

Hi ya'll! Welcome to Friday. Amen, we've made it. In the beginning of February, I was lucky enough to escape the snowy cold of NYC (seriously, I missed a big snow storm that closed down my office), and headed to the beautiful island of Barbados. For those of you who know the name but can't point it out on a map, Barbados is a little island just southeast of Saint Lucia in the Caribbean. Brett's parents, Laura and Jim, vacationed to Barbados last year and were SO beyond kind enough to ask us to join them this year. A week away from work, a tropical island without sharks, and free tour guides (aka Brett's parents) -- who would say no to that?! For anyone looking to book a vacation, or anyone looking to torture themselves with really pretty pictures of a really pretty place, see below for a Barbados travel guide! The island was truly amazing, with friendly locals, beautiful beaches, and delicious cuisine, and I would absolutely return! I'm usually ready to ...

Kleinfeld Bridal: Day One

With a huge blister on my heel and my day two outfit chosen and ready, I'm sitting down after my first day of my internship, eager to write about that happened! So... Even though my commute into work is only about an hour, I decided to leave an hour and a half early this morning, and I'm glad I did! I had the wrong bus time so I missed the first bus, stood at the wrong track and therefore missed a train (it comes to a different track during rush hours apparently), and then was held for about five minutes in station when I got onto the transfer train. After all of that, I was still somehow about 15 minutes early, so I wandered around Trader Joe's and borrowed their bathroom. I arrived to Kleinfeld around 9:55 (I was asked to be there at 10), and then waited around until 10:30 when the other two interns that were starting today showed up. I guess I got the wrong memo! I didn't mind waiting though, I let my eyes wander around what I could see of the dresses on the floo...