Skip to main content

Windy Monday Sun~

I'm sitting in one of my favorite spots (my back porch) and wondering how much longer I'll last here until this crazy wind blows me away. Two umbrellas have already taken the fall, along with one patio chair, and my dogs Frisbee came flying back and almost hit me in the face. It's a bit much, but I wouldn't trade this spot for anything in the world right now... Except maybe a nice tropical beach.

Anyway, work has been good the past few days, and I took off yesterday so I could head home for a mini visit. I got here Saturday night, ate a piece of steak for the first time in forever, and stayed up way too late. On Sunday morning, I woke up early and had breakfast at Crazy Beans with my best friend and part time soul mate, Amanda. Crazy Beans is the cutest little café a few minutes away that serves breakfast and lunch and the most delicious frappuccinos you could imagine. I traded my usual chocolate peanut butter iced frap for a caramel apple pie latte (which put me into a sugar coma) paired with a breakfast quesadilla. Too, too delicious.

Breakfast ended up turning into lunch as Amanda and I sat by the window for about 3 hours talking about life and trying not to panic about how old we are... It seems like two years ago we were doing each others makeup and then getting embarrassed at the grocery store because we saw our crush's mom. Disclaimer: that was third grade. Time really goes by so fast...

At some point we realized it was time to carry on with the day, and I went out shopping for fall treat supplies with Mom. We ended up gallivanting out to Riverhead where I spent too much money on socks (I couldn't resist), and almost forgot about heading home in time to feed Dad dinner. I had a perfect night with fall sangria, caramel apple making, friends, and ultimately kicking everyone's ass in Rummikub.

Now, here I am, back to my windy porch. I'm getting my hair cut in an hour, which hopefully goes well, and then I'll probably eat one of those chocolate caramel apples that I've slaved over (with Mom's much needed help).

Crazy Beans Breakfast

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Guide: Barbados

Hi ya'll! Welcome to Friday. Amen, we've made it. In the beginning of February, I was lucky enough to escape the snowy cold of NYC (seriously, I missed a big snow storm that closed down my office), and headed to the beautiful island of Barbados. For those of you who know the name but can't point it out on a map, Barbados is a little island just southeast of Saint Lucia in the Caribbean. Brett's parents, Laura and Jim, vacationed to Barbados last year and were SO beyond kind enough to ask us to join them this year. A week away from work, a tropical island without sharks, and free tour guides (aka Brett's parents) -- who would say no to that?! For anyone looking to book a vacation, or anyone looking to torture themselves with really pretty pictures of a really pretty place, see below for a Barbados travel guide! The island was truly amazing, with friendly locals, beautiful beaches, and delicious cuisine, and I would absolutely return! I'm usually ready to ...

Kleinfeld Bridal: Day One

With a huge blister on my heel and my day two outfit chosen and ready, I'm sitting down after my first day of my internship, eager to write about that happened! So... Even though my commute into work is only about an hour, I decided to leave an hour and a half early this morning, and I'm glad I did! I had the wrong bus time so I missed the first bus, stood at the wrong track and therefore missed a train (it comes to a different track during rush hours apparently), and then was held for about five minutes in station when I got onto the transfer train. After all of that, I was still somehow about 15 minutes early, so I wandered around Trader Joe's and borrowed their bathroom. I arrived to Kleinfeld around 9:55 (I was asked to be there at 10), and then waited around until 10:30 when the other two interns that were starting today showed up. I guess I got the wrong memo! I didn't mind waiting though, I let my eyes wander around what I could see of the dresses on the floo...