Skip to main content

Am I 20 or 80?

I'm pretty sure that I'm currently the sleepiest girl in the world. After living on an old person schedule for a solid month and having early bed times, I'm still trying to recuperate from my eventful weekend. A whole day of napping and sitting around is necessary, but who knows when that will be...

Friday night, Jackie, Grace, and I decided to be adventurous and go to the "President's Ball" at Fordham, which was pretty much a semi-formal. I was up too late on Thursday, so I was extra exhausted all day Friday, but decided to go anyway. I ate too much free food and danced until my knee felt like it was broken, but we had so much fun and it was definitely worth it. Saturday night, after work, a bunch of people were over the house for Raul's belated birthday celebration. I had a friend over as well, and once again, I stayed up too late for my own good. Sunday, I was in charge of cooking common dinner for everyone in the house, and I have to say it turned out pretty delicious. By the time I was done cooking, cleaning, and showering, it was AGAIN so late, and I had to wake up early Monday morning.

On Monday, my cousin, Danny, came into the city to play! I met him at Penn Station and we wandered over to Chelsea to walk the High Line and visit Chelsea Market (of course). Surprisingly, he had never been to the market. The area really, really is my favorite place in the city! We walked the whole High Line, which I hadn't done yet, and then went to Columbus Circle to get some mini cupcakes from Baked by Melissa. While we were sitting and munching, these two ballerinas began performing in the middle of the circle. I was really excited at first, because I thought I was about to witness a flash mob, but it ended up just being the two of them promoting a show.

Anyway, afterwards, we walked around Central Park for a solid two hours, and I showed Dan some of the cool places I learned of from when I went with my Uncle Jimmy. We discovered some neat things too, and I finally found the area where you can rent the remote control boats. I'm going back to Central Park on Monday to wander again; it's my second favorite place after the High Line. Dan was dying for some Bubba Gump's for dinner, so, like tourists, we went into Time Square and were asked a few times where we were from and if it was our first time in New York.

Last night, after work, I took the LIRR into Nassau and met up with my cousins. Brittany works at this awesome café/coffee shop called the Witch's Brew, and we all went to visit her for some food and tea. It was absolutely amazing, although I'm pretty sure we could have been rolled out of there after eating so much. I want to go back again; the shop has the coolest vibe and is such a comfortable place to go and relax.

I spent the night out in Nassau, and woke up early to head back to the Bronx. I stopped at Trader Joe's on my way, and as usual, didn't think about having to lug 100 pounds of groceries with me. I really need to get one of those mini carts people always bring when they go shopping... I'm contemplating napping before class tonight, but my hair is wet, and anyone who knows me knows how much I hate wet hair pressing against me.

Central Park in the Fall


The Witch's Brew

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Guide: Barbados

Hi ya'll! Welcome to Friday. Amen, we've made it. In the beginning of February, I was lucky enough to escape the snowy cold of NYC (seriously, I missed a big snow storm that closed down my office), and headed to the beautiful island of Barbados. For those of you who know the name but can't point it out on a map, Barbados is a little island just southeast of Saint Lucia in the Caribbean. Brett's parents, Laura and Jim, vacationed to Barbados last year and were SO beyond kind enough to ask us to join them this year. A week away from work, a tropical island without sharks, and free tour guides (aka Brett's parents) -- who would say no to that?! For anyone looking to book a vacation, or anyone looking to torture themselves with really pretty pictures of a really pretty place, see below for a Barbados travel guide! The island was truly amazing, with friendly locals, beautiful beaches, and delicious cuisine, and I would absolutely return! I'm usually ready to ...

Kleinfeld Bridal: Day One

With a huge blister on my heel and my day two outfit chosen and ready, I'm sitting down after my first day of my internship, eager to write about that happened! So... Even though my commute into work is only about an hour, I decided to leave an hour and a half early this morning, and I'm glad I did! I had the wrong bus time so I missed the first bus, stood at the wrong track and therefore missed a train (it comes to a different track during rush hours apparently), and then was held for about five minutes in station when I got onto the transfer train. After all of that, I was still somehow about 15 minutes early, so I wandered around Trader Joe's and borrowed their bathroom. I arrived to Kleinfeld around 9:55 (I was asked to be there at 10), and then waited around until 10:30 when the other two interns that were starting today showed up. I guess I got the wrong memo! I didn't mind waiting though, I let my eyes wander around what I could see of the dresses on the floo...