Skip to main content

Tourist Fridays

Last night, Jackie and I ran to Tino's Deli to get gelato before it closed at 7:30... It was undoubtedly worth it! After that, we ended up going to the Fordham football game against URI, and despite the fact that we're juniors in college, we apparently had "FRESHMEN" written all over us. After an hour of people watching and involuntarily making small talk with an overly friendly freshman boy, Grace got out of class and joined us for dinner. Fordham won the game, but I'm not sure of the final score.

Today was a very touristy day. We toured the United Nations building and walked around Times Square for a while. While a tour of the UN isn't really my thing, it was pretty interesting, and my odd tour group filled in the gaps. The overly eager Indian woman provided us with some entertainment... It was hard not to laugh when the tour guide got pissed because of her asking too many questions.

Times Square was as busy as always! We saw where to buy the rush tickets for Broadway shows, which I'm sure we will make use of at some point this semester. When Broadway shows have extra tickets that remain unsold, this ticket booth sells the tickets at a discount, so if you're able to get a ticket, you can see the show for cheaper than usual.

I'm almost too full to think about all the food I ate today, but here we go... Tonight we had our first common dinner. Camelia, our housekeeper, cooked a huge dinner for Jackie, Grace, and I, as well as Cynthia and her family. This consists of her husband Raul, their 17 month old daughter, Hope, and Raul's two other daughters, Ninoska and Alex. Dinner was delicious and fun! The family is great and it's really enjoyable to sit and chat and hear about their experiences living in the house that becomes a home to the visiting Stonehill students. At the end of dinner, Cynthia surprised me with a belated birthday cake! It was really sweet and tasted so so good!

Grace just left for the weekend and Jackie and I are about to start a marathon of "Nashville." In one week from today, I'll have completed my first day at Kleinfeld, wee! (Sorry, Grace, this one was better...)

UN escalator pics

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Guide: Barbados

Hi ya'll! Welcome to Friday. Amen, we've made it. In the beginning of February, I was lucky enough to escape the snowy cold of NYC (seriously, I missed a big snow storm that closed down my office), and headed to the beautiful island of Barbados. For those of you who know the name but can't point it out on a map, Barbados is a little island just southeast of Saint Lucia in the Caribbean. Brett's parents, Laura and Jim, vacationed to Barbados last year and were SO beyond kind enough to ask us to join them this year. A week away from work, a tropical island without sharks, and free tour guides (aka Brett's parents) -- who would say no to that?! For anyone looking to book a vacation, or anyone looking to torture themselves with really pretty pictures of a really pretty place, see below for a Barbados travel guide! The island was truly amazing, with friendly locals, beautiful beaches, and delicious cuisine, and I would absolutely return! I'm usually ready to ...

Kleinfeld Bridal: Day One

With a huge blister on my heel and my day two outfit chosen and ready, I'm sitting down after my first day of my internship, eager to write about that happened! So... Even though my commute into work is only about an hour, I decided to leave an hour and a half early this morning, and I'm glad I did! I had the wrong bus time so I missed the first bus, stood at the wrong track and therefore missed a train (it comes to a different track during rush hours apparently), and then was held for about five minutes in station when I got onto the transfer train. After all of that, I was still somehow about 15 minutes early, so I wandered around Trader Joe's and borrowed their bathroom. I arrived to Kleinfeld around 9:55 (I was asked to be there at 10), and then waited around until 10:30 when the other two interns that were starting today showed up. I guess I got the wrong memo! I didn't mind waiting though, I let my eyes wander around what I could see of the dresses on the floo...