Skip to main content

Off To the Bronx We Go

My Story: Last semester I decided on a whim to apply to "Stonehill in New York," a program offered by my school that allows students to intern full time for a semester in the Big Apple. After being accepted, I immediately set my sights on Kleinfeld Bridal. What girl doesn't watch "Say Yes To The Dress" with wide eyes and jealous feelings and hope that they will be there one day?! Long story short, I was lucky enough to land the internship of my dreams as a Bridal Consultant Assistant at Kleinfeld Bridal! So now, here I am, a Long Island girl living in the Bronx, anxiously awaiting the adventure ahead.

After renting a U-Haul to trek all of my things into the Bronx (my Grandma would've had a heart attack if she saw the amount of boxes I had) and close to 8 hours of decorating and redecorating I've made a comfy little space that I already know I won't want to leave. I'll post more pictures when finishing touches are completed.

Today, I visited the Fordham campus where I'm taking one class (Intro to Journalism). It is about a three minute walk away and is beautiful! I also found out that you're charged 5 cents for using plastic bags at most grocery stores around here. There is a great market right around the corner that sells everything from produce to peanut butter. Fordham Plaza is also really close (about a 5 minute walk). There are a ton of fruit and veggies stands there; I'm planning on wandering through it later this week.

Lunch today was at Café Cosi in Manhattan with Cynthia (our Residence Director) and Grace and Jackie (the two other Stonehill Students in the program). It was delicious! They're a Panera type restaurant with soups, salads, flat breads, paninis... Their chicken caesar salad was great.

Tomorrow we're taking another trip into Manhattan to see how I will be getting to Kleinfeld next week. My internship beings the 6th, I can't wait!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Guide: Barbados

Hi ya'll! Welcome to Friday. Amen, we've made it. In the beginning of February, I was lucky enough to escape the snowy cold of NYC (seriously, I missed a big snow storm that closed down my office), and headed to the beautiful island of Barbados. For those of you who know the name but can't point it out on a map, Barbados is a little island just southeast of Saint Lucia in the Caribbean. Brett's parents, Laura and Jim, vacationed to Barbados last year and were SO beyond kind enough to ask us to join them this year. A week away from work, a tropical island without sharks, and free tour guides (aka Brett's parents) -- who would say no to that?! For anyone looking to book a vacation, or anyone looking to torture themselves with really pretty pictures of a really pretty place, see below for a Barbados travel guide! The island was truly amazing, with friendly locals, beautiful beaches, and delicious cuisine, and I would absolutely return! I'm usually ready to ...

Kleinfeld Bridal: Day One

With a huge blister on my heel and my day two outfit chosen and ready, I'm sitting down after my first day of my internship, eager to write about that happened! So... Even though my commute into work is only about an hour, I decided to leave an hour and a half early this morning, and I'm glad I did! I had the wrong bus time so I missed the first bus, stood at the wrong track and therefore missed a train (it comes to a different track during rush hours apparently), and then was held for about five minutes in station when I got onto the transfer train. After all of that, I was still somehow about 15 minutes early, so I wandered around Trader Joe's and borrowed their bathroom. I arrived to Kleinfeld around 9:55 (I was asked to be there at 10), and then waited around until 10:30 when the other two interns that were starting today showed up. I guess I got the wrong memo! I didn't mind waiting though, I let my eyes wander around what I could see of the dresses on the floo...