Skip to main content

New Year Skies

Today is one of those days with the perfect mix of sun and clouds to make the sky look like it's on fire during sunset. It's too pretty to be real; I wish I could paint because I would replicate it and hang it in my room for those sunset nights that aren't as perfect. What a nice sky to end 2014.

My year was full of big steps and new things. In January, I started dating someone who is my everyday smile, and we adventured to Puerto Rico in February, marking my first trip to any island of the sort (and the most wonderful vacation I have been on to date). Shortly after, I began working with Cheeky Details and have learned so, so many fun and valuable aspects of the wedding world through them (not to mention all of the wonderful people I have met because of them, too). Around May, I decided officially that I would graduate early, and although the first half of my summer consisted of free time being spent completing online courses (and playing in a kickball league), it was totally worth it. Fast forwarding to now, I'm officially a Stonehill Alumni and a soon-to-be real person with a  real job (12 days)!

The first two weeks of 2015 will be hectic: a trip to Florida, the Poconos, and Rhode Island are all scheduled, as well as my first day of work and temporarily relocating my room until I find an apartment. I guess I'll be toasting away my sanity tonight. (Speaking of sanity... I lost my voice for five days, and good thing it wasn't six, because the antonym for patience is Bittner, and the patience in me was dwindling quick).

Happy, happy, happiest of New Years to everyone, and I hope 2015 is the best year yet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Guide: Barbados

Hi ya'll! Welcome to Friday. Amen, we've made it. In the beginning of February, I was lucky enough to escape the snowy cold of NYC (seriously, I missed a big snow storm that closed down my office), and headed to the beautiful island of Barbados. For those of you who know the name but can't point it out on a map, Barbados is a little island just southeast of Saint Lucia in the Caribbean. Brett's parents, Laura and Jim, vacationed to Barbados last year and were SO beyond kind enough to ask us to join them this year. A week away from work, a tropical island without sharks, and free tour guides (aka Brett's parents) -- who would say no to that?! For anyone looking to book a vacation, or anyone looking to torture themselves with really pretty pictures of a really pretty place, see below for a Barbados travel guide! The island was truly amazing, with friendly locals, beautiful beaches, and delicious cuisine, and I would absolutely return! I'm usually ready to ...

Kleinfeld Bridal: Day One

With a huge blister on my heel and my day two outfit chosen and ready, I'm sitting down after my first day of my internship, eager to write about that happened! So... Even though my commute into work is only about an hour, I decided to leave an hour and a half early this morning, and I'm glad I did! I had the wrong bus time so I missed the first bus, stood at the wrong track and therefore missed a train (it comes to a different track during rush hours apparently), and then was held for about five minutes in station when I got onto the transfer train. After all of that, I was still somehow about 15 minutes early, so I wandered around Trader Joe's and borrowed their bathroom. I arrived to Kleinfeld around 9:55 (I was asked to be there at 10), and then waited around until 10:30 when the other two interns that were starting today showed up. I guess I got the wrong memo! I didn't mind waiting though, I let my eyes wander around what I could see of the dresses on the floo...