Skip to main content

Blog a Little, Love a Lot

Well........ I haven't blogged in forever, considering the fact that my life became markedly less exciting since leaving New York City. It's a sad truth, but a truth nonetheless. The semester I spent there truly gave me time to spread my wings; I became a new person, went on new adventures, and explored a whole new world. It was invigorating and amazing and a thing of the past.

That leaves me here, at Stonehill College, glancing at my Timehop everyday to see what kind of extravagant thing I was doing a year ago. (Seems like October 1st, 2013 I was thoroughly enjoying some David's Tea, and I'm actually doing the same right now. Pumpkin Chai to get in the October mood). Needless to say, I'm missing the adventure, hard.

So, now I'm swimming in ideas of how to make my life interesting again. It's not bad by any means, it's just not as full and thrilling as it was a year ago. So far, I've come up with the idea of packing my car and traveling to the west coast for a year. We'll see where I go with that one...

Aside from that, I've been keeping busy with endless amounts of school-work and weddings. I'm working with Cheeky Details (www.cheekydetails.com), a LI wedding planning company run by the AMAZING Jamie & Heather, and it's a job I'm absolutely loving. I spend my weekends processing flowers, meeting vendors, fluffing dresses, and distributing bouquets. It's fun and glamorous and completely exhausting... but in the best way possible. The events created by Cheeky are incredible and worth every bit of my energy.

The Inn at New Hyde Park (blanking on date)

Hempstead House 8.23

Hempstead House 8.23

Chelsea Mansion 9.7

Chelsea Mansion 9.7

This summer, I learned to love kayaking, Montauk, and the wineries of Long Island (surprise, surprise), and spent my birthday vineyard hopping with the best family there is. Mom turned the big 5-0 a few weeks ago, so we got to celebrate that, too, with a bonfire and a pretty intense smores bar. And now I'm going to go to bed with a stuffy nose and dreams of apple picking and home-cooked meals.

My heart, East End LI

Mom's 50th, LI

Thinking the photo speaks for itself ;)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Guide: Barbados

Hi ya'll! Welcome to Friday. Amen, we've made it. In the beginning of February, I was lucky enough to escape the snowy cold of NYC (seriously, I missed a big snow storm that closed down my office), and headed to the beautiful island of Barbados. For those of you who know the name but can't point it out on a map, Barbados is a little island just southeast of Saint Lucia in the Caribbean. Brett's parents, Laura and Jim, vacationed to Barbados last year and were SO beyond kind enough to ask us to join them this year. A week away from work, a tropical island without sharks, and free tour guides (aka Brett's parents) -- who would say no to that?! For anyone looking to book a vacation, or anyone looking to torture themselves with really pretty pictures of a really pretty place, see below for a Barbados travel guide! The island was truly amazing, with friendly locals, beautiful beaches, and delicious cuisine, and I would absolutely return! I'm usually ready to ...

Kleinfeld Bridal: Day One

With a huge blister on my heel and my day two outfit chosen and ready, I'm sitting down after my first day of my internship, eager to write about that happened! So... Even though my commute into work is only about an hour, I decided to leave an hour and a half early this morning, and I'm glad I did! I had the wrong bus time so I missed the first bus, stood at the wrong track and therefore missed a train (it comes to a different track during rush hours apparently), and then was held for about five minutes in station when I got onto the transfer train. After all of that, I was still somehow about 15 minutes early, so I wandered around Trader Joe's and borrowed their bathroom. I arrived to Kleinfeld around 9:55 (I was asked to be there at 10), and then waited around until 10:30 when the other two interns that were starting today showed up. I guess I got the wrong memo! I didn't mind waiting though, I let my eyes wander around what I could see of the dresses on the floo...